mercoledì 22 gennaio 2014

Film Opinion #1 | The Perks of Being a Wallflower

*SPOILER CONTENT*


Hello!
Today I'm going to be writing on a film I saw at the cinema when it first came out (2012).
Stephen Chbosky both directed the movie and wrote the novel on which the film is based.
I just finished to read the book, and I liked it a lot, but honeslty I wouldn't be able to choose which one is the best because they're very different and probably if I had read the book first I wouldn't have imagined something like that.
At all.





You shouldn't read this if you haven't already seen the movie but in case you haven't and you don't care about me spoilering it for you here's what the film is about.
Basically there's this boy, Charlie, who's just started High School and he's a sort of "invisible guy" with no friends, sitting alone at lunch, etc.
The only positive side of school are English Literature lessons; the teacher, Mr. Anderson, gives Charlie a lot of books to read and soon becomes Charlie's favourite teacher.

Then Charlie starts to make friends, he meets Patrick and Sam (siblings) and then he starts a relationship with Mary Elizabeth. Well, actually it's her that wants to be with Charlie while he secretly loves Sam.


Patrick (Ezra Miller) being provoked by Brad. 

 A lot of things happen, Charlie breaks up with Mary Elizabeth after breaking her heart, he goes to his first parties, he punches Brad (Patrick's boyfriend) for calling his friend "faggot", Sam and Charlie's kiss and that "infinite sensation".

Sam in the tunnel scene, Emma Watson.

Only in the end you fully understand Charlie's pain and the cause of his condition.
I'm not going to tell you how it ends, because you really should watch this film, is so worth it! I recommend you to read the book first!! (If you want).

Charlie's frustration interpreted by Logan Lerman.

The soundtrack is AMAZING and I love the 90's atmosphere that pervades the entire story.
Anyway it's a great movie, with a great story that really impresses me every time I watch it.
In that period (late 2012) I had some problems, I was going through a bad period and I felt I could relate a lot to it, my problems were not exactly like Charlie's but I appreciate the way Logan Lerman (and not only the actors) express the character(s) feelings.
All the actors are very very good and also the soundtrack, the photography and the scenography/screenplay were excellent!

This story has a special specific meaning for me, and although it impressed me a lot it didn't help me at all with my "hard times".
Anyway, if you are in a bad period of your life remember that you won't be forever young and you shouldn't let your bad mood or your negative thoughts ruin this part of your life (if it depends on you) because if you think of all the time you may "lose" you'll understand that it actually will never come back. Maybe I'm saying stupid things but I've gone through it and this is what I think now that I'm positive again (and still not completely).
May you overcome your bad periods!

Live, Love, Laugh.
-Lola Viola

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento